Though we never used, let alone heard of, Swai we thought we’d give it a shot and it was well worth it!
Another broiled dish of lovely white fish, hee hee. Feelin’ silly kinda day. All you will need is:
- 2 portions of Fillet of Swai Fish. Any other light flaky whitefish like Flounder or Tilapia will work as well
- Fresh Herbs: Chives, Savory & Dill
- Dried and Ground: Cayenne Pepper and Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- 1 package of prepared steamable or microwaveable Frozen Mixed Vegetables of your choice – Make sure its Gluten Free if you are sensitive or intolerant.
- Salad Greens, Tomato, Scallions, Olive Oil and Vinegar or Fat Free Salad Dressing – Make sure the dressing is Gluten Free if you are sensitive or intolerant.
As always, heat up your broiler and rather than using the broiler pan, cover a heat resistant cookie sheet with foil and place a rack on top of the foil instead. Why? Well, much less time doing dishes of course. You just rip the foil off and throw it away – saves water too. But an even better reason is that when the fat and juices drip onto the foil, you can easily spoon those yummy juices (not the fat) and pour over your fish. There are great pans that come ready with a rack on the market today, here is one we found on Amazon and it’s review on Our Kitchen Essentials.
Next, we first seasoned the Fish lightly with Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper. We then went straight to our herb garden and snipped some Fresh Dill, Savory and Chives, chopped everything and sprinkled it evenly on both sides of the Fish. We sprayed it with Cooking Spray and into the broiler.
It won’t take long to cook so peak in after 2 minutes and it’ll probably be time to flip it over. The Fish will be lightly golden on both sides when ready. To serve, place your Fish over Steamed Vegetables with a small Side Salad and enjoy a healthy nutritious and colorful meal!!