One of the best things about the colder months is that you can once again make soup anytime and all the time. This
Here’s what you’ll need for this yumminess:
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 Carrot, chopped – We used a Purple Rainbow Carrot but any will do
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed and quartered
- 3-4 cups of Water
- Handful each of fresh Parsley and Dill, chopped
- To season: 2 teaspoons of Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric and 1.5 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt to taste (about 1.5 teaspoons)
- Optional: Gluten Free Croutons and Pumpkin Seeds.
- The Palm ‘Finger’ Peeler – Makes peeling the Squash (and Carrot if desired) a breeze.
- Stove Top or Electric Pressure Cooker – Easy and quick!
- Emersion (Hand) Blender – And an even quicker tool to help blend it all!
And to make it, here is what you’ll need to do
- Place the Squash, Garlic and Carrot with 3-4 cups of Water in your Pressure Cooker. The Water only needs to come up to the top of the vegetables as pictured, it doesn’t need to cover them.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes once the pressure gauge starts rocking if you’re using the Stove Top Cooker or according to the directions of your Electric Cooker – it should be around the same time.
- When time is up, allow your cooker to cool – do not release the pressure manually.
- Once the lid and pressure are released, open the pot and season with the Cumin, Turmeric, Garlic Powder and Salt to taste and blend well. Add water if it seems too thick, 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Adjust seasoning, stir in the Parley and Dill and bring to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Optional: Top with Croutons and Pumpkin Seeds and serve.