This is a great side for the Holidays. Since we have a Traditional Turkey Dinner for Christmas, this is a must have side – and of course it works just as well on Thanksgiving Dinner table.
Here is what you will need for this side:
- 1 cup of Basmati Brown Rice, washed – You can use any other type of rice but make sure to adjust the water accordingly.
- 3 Celery Stalks, chopped.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Shallot, chopped
- Handful of fresh Parsley, chopped.
- 1 cup of Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Water
- Sea Salt to taste, we prefer Pink Himalayan but regular Sea Salt will be just fine.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Thyme
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Mandolin with guard – Cut even slices quicker
- Cut resistant Gloves – Protect those digits easily
- Onion Goggles – Well, you are cutting onions.
- Stove Top or Electric Pressure Cooker – Easy and quick!
And to make it, here is what you’ll need to do
- In your Stove Top Cooker, Electric Cooker Sauteing and Browning setting or a standard pot, saute the Onions, Shallot and Celery in Olive Oil for about 3-5 minutes till its softened and almost translucent.
- Add the Rice, Cranberry and Parsley to your Pressure Cooker, along with the sauteed vegetables if you used a standard pot. Cover and cook for 25 minutes once the pressure gauge starts rocking if you’re using the Stove Top Cooker or according to the directions of your Electric Cooker – it should be around the same time.
- When time is up, allow your cooker to cool – do not release the pressure manually.
- Once the lid and pressure are released, open the pot, add the Pecans, season to taste and serve.