Forget the boxed flaky stuff that claims its ‘Mashed Potatoes’. This is the real deal, and here is a super easy recipe for a (Garlic) Mashed Potatoes side that is just as simple as it is delicious.
This is what you will need for 6-8 servings:
- 8 medium Potatoes, mixed ad quartered
- 1-3 tablespoons of butter. We used a healthier soy and dairy free variety, but any other will do.
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic, chopped (Optional, but really!) – The Garlic can become overpowering quickly so make sure to add it gradually and taste each time before adding any more.
- Handful of fresh Parsley, chopped.
- Sea Salt to taste, we prefer Pink Himalayan but regular Sea Salt will be just fine.
- Optional: Handful of chopped fresh Parsley and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Food Steamer – Steams your food and retains more of its nutritional value, much better than boiling!
- Emulsion Blender -It is a hand held blender stick that simplifies the blending of soups, purees, etc..
And to make it, here is what you’ll need to do
- Place the quartered Potatoes into your Steamer, and steam for 30 minutes or per your appliance’s directions.
- Once the Potatoes are done, place them in a large bowl along with the Butter, Garlic, (Optional: Parsley) and Seasoning. Make sure to add the Garlic gradually as noted earlier since it can get strong quickly, and taste each time before adding more.
- Blend with the Emulsion Blender until it reaches the desired consistency and serve. Do not over blend it as it could get a little too starchy.
- If its too thick for your taste, add a little more butter and blend again, it will become smoother.
Note: You can adjust this recipe and try adding cheese, different seasoning and herbs and enjoy a huge variety of flavors!