Homemade gravy is the best thing since ever, but it’s a sure must have with Turkey on every Thanksgiving Table!
For the Gravy you will need the following:
- Saved Neck and Giblets, discard the Gizzard (its the large rubbery looking piece), chop the Giblets
- 2 tablespooos of the reserved butter
- 4-5 Baby Carrots, halved
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, crushed and split
- 1 medium Onion, quartered
- 1 medium Shallot, quartered
- 1 celery stalk, cut into four parts
- 2 cups of broth, or more depending on your desired consistency
- 1 cup of the Turkey pan juices
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons of Chickpea (Garbanzo) Flour
- Gravy Master (contains soy) or any other Gluten Free Browning and Caramelizing Sauce
- Sea Salt to taste
- Optional – Juice of 1 lemon or 1/2 teaspoon of lemon salt
- Emulsion Blender -It is a hand held blender stick that simplifies the blending of soups, purees, etc..
Here are the steps to Gravy Heaven:
- First, saute the Neck and Giblets in a sauce pan with the melted butter. Add the carrots, garlic, onion, shallot and celery. Stir for 5-10 minutes until well coated and the Neck and Giblets start to brown a little, but make sure they do not burn.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, then add the Turkey pan juices and water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove neck and pick off any loose meat. Discard the neck and add the meat back to the sauce pan.
- Blend all the ingredients with the emulsion blender for a few minutes making sure all chunks are blended. Strain very well making sure to get as much of the juices as possible. Return the strained liquid to the sauce pan.
- Whisk in the Chickpea flour making sure it dissolves and no clumps are formed. Season with the Gravy Master or alternative and Lemon Juice or Lemon Salt (Citric Acid)
- Add Sea Salt to taste.